Saturday, October 26, 2013

Game level design diary three

Hey bloggers!

Since the last post I've been brainstorming ideas for how I can incorporate juxtaposition into my level. Its still in progress but I've also been collecting images that i can use to refer to so i can see how i want to create certain parts. These are just some of the volcanic images I've collected:







Some of these aren't real but i really like how they look and the lava rivers are something i really want to incorporate into my level. The lava used in these is lava that has more viscosity which means it is thinner and flows faster, it also means that it is more volatile and dangerous, when i texture the lava this is the type I've decided would look best.

These are some of the snow images I've collected:






Since I want to include a volcano into my level I likely won't be able to include any snowy mountains up close but may include them in the distance. I plan to include some high rise snowy areas which will have cliffs. These images show many rocky cliffs that i have used for inspiration and the trees, i'd like to include in some of the flatter areas.

I hope you enjoyed reading this entry bloggers, I look forward to entry four!

No comments:

Post a Comment