Friday, October 25, 2013

Game level design diary one

Hi,

Over the next few weeks i'll be updating my blog with posts about my level design. Any feedback is welcome.

I've begun by brainstorming my level and what I will use in it. The main theme that is stuck in my head that I really like is either a snow or lava based level. I was thinking maybe for a lava based level I could have rivers of lava with dangerous bridges to cross and a volcano that you could climb to the top of, i'd put maybe some sort of building overhanging the volatile lava at the top of the volcano. Some inspiration for this came from the volcano "Krakatoa" in Indonesia:

                         

 But i also really like The idea of snowy mountains with steep cliffs with vast lookout points and ice caves that you could explore, maybe log cabins on steep slopes above the clouds and thick pinewood forests. I grew my inspiration for this from hearing about a friends holiday to Mont Blanc in the Swiss alps:

 
I'll hopefully post what i come up with in my next level design diary. Thanks for reading bloggers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment